Need more information?
Contact us, we will answer all your questions!
Webinars, Blog Posts, and Events by Topic
1. Technology The right technology tools will work to keep your team members in touch, keep projects running smoothly, and make information quickly accessible. Tools to help managers set goals & deadlines along with collecting feedback helps them keep tabs on the bigger picture. Communicating virtually has never been easier. Strengthening the connection process helps support a strong company culture – an important detail in a virtual workplace.
2. Trust If a business owner cannot trust their employees to do their jobs remotely, a virtual workplace will fail. There needs to be complete buy-in from the top down to support a flexible work environment based on mutual trust. Specific expectations should be set for employees about their role in the company, the work they own, and how performance will be measured. If this information is clear for all parties involved, then the logistical details of how they get their work done are less important.
3. Time Management Some people may find working virtually too challenging. Separating work time from personal time may be distracting for many. Helping your team to set boundaries for themselves so they can focus productively during their work time while also acknowledging the need for personal time will increase engagement and retention of your virtual workforce.
4. Sense of Community Even if your employees are not together all day they can still enjoy a great sense of bond and purpose and function highly as a team. Encourage employees to make time available during the day so their teammates will know when they can reach out for a quick brainstorm or just to take a virtual break together to chat. And use video chat as much as possible for team calls and virtual meetings.
5. Inform and Acknowledge Sharing company news and information regularly is also valuable to help everyone remember that they are part of something bigger, even as they toil away in their home office. Celebrating successes, milestones, and goal achievements is a great way to highlight all the good things that are happening in the company. Give shout-outs to team members that have had a nice win, finished a project, or overachieved – they will appreciate the recognition.